Forget the shiny armor, I'm loving my hero in his DIRTY CAMO'S.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Time is Always on Your Side

A coworker said to me today, "time is always on your side". At first I got annoyed thinking how would they know? Are they feeling how I am? Do they know what it is like to have your best friend and love of your life leave you because the government says so? Do they know what this emptiness feels like? You know you're strong but it does hit you like a truck where all you feel is lonely, scared and sad. Every minute feels like hours and every hour feels like a day and a day feels like forever. I stopped counting down the days until he comes back home because it is just complete torture. 255 days left...sigh. So now I have gone to the month method, 8 more months doesn't sound as bad as 255 days! If that's even the case he could be extended up to 2 years! But the days do go by fast when I'm kept busy but I always miss him. Everything thing brings back memories whether its a song, food, movie, tv show, friends talking about what he would say in a given situation...etc. I feel like time has stopped when I think of him. But after giving some thought she was right. No matter what time won't go by any slower, because every minute, hour and day will bring me closer to him so a little optimism never hurts!  

No comments: